Trees Organic serves up coffee with beans from all around the world, from Latin America to the far reaches of Asia. The flavor you get in your cup depends on where it was grown and under what conditions. Just as wine comes in all kinds of vintages for you to compare, you can taste different kinds of coffee and enjoy a wide range of subtle differences.
Coffee Beans. A Matter of Taste
There are hundreds of different kinds of coffees available, but most coffee comes from just three main species: Arabica, Robusta and Liberica. The specialty coffees we tend to drink in cafes are typically Arabica, since this type of bean has the most delicate and popular flavors.
Although Latin America was the last region of the world to start producing coffee, it has also become one of the most popular coffee-growing regions due to its good quality. Sometimes beans from different regions are blended to produce distinct flavors.
Keep in mind that the flavor of the coffee you get in your cup is determined by more than which bean you use. For instance, a dark roast tends to produce a more bitter flavor. Even the way you grind the beans can affect how it tastes. A finer grind delivers a more intense flavor, since hot water touches more surface area of the beans while it brews.
Where Trees’ Coffee Comes From
- Peru. The perfect medium coffee with full flavor, great body and aroma.
- Guatemala. An exquisite balance of acidity and body with a spicy, smoky flavor.
- Colombia. Considered one of the world’s finest with a full body, rich flavor and great acidity.
- Mexico. A dark to medium body with a unique dry chocolate flavor. This is what we use for our espresso.
- Sumatra. Famous for its intensity with a rich, bold and robust flavor.
- Costa Rica. Rich and hearty with a well developed taste.
Our coffee is organic, fair trade, and roasted at our own Granville Street Roasting House.
- You can also enjoy Trees Organic coffees at the home or in the office. All of our coffees are available in 200 and 400 gram bags as whole beans or ground to your specifications. Try some today!